Declaration of Compliance
Sheard Packaging Ltd comply with all the applicable European and National non-food contact packaging material legislations. Consumer protection is treated as a high priority area, whilst simultaneously increasing the sustainability of packaging and advancing the circular economy.
We employ appropriate Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and have in place a robust and well-established integrated management system (including quality and environmental) to control all our raw materials and processes.
Sheard Packaging manufactures corrugated packaging using raw materials sourced from a responsible and managed supply chain. Throughout the supply chain no allergens are intentionally added or used during processing.
The corrugated cartons supplied by the organisation are intended for tertiary or secondary purposes (non-food contact), and will comply with the following statements:
· All cartons manufactured will be inspected during the manufacturing and storage processes in accordance with the Safety, Quality and Environmental System Procedures and Best Practices.
· The processes will be compliant to accreditations ISO 9001, ISO 14001, FSC CoC and the BRCGS for Packaging Materials that we are certified to.
· Approved suppliers source materials from FSC certified forests to ensure they are responsibly managed to meet the highest environmental, social, and economic standards.
· Our packaging is non-toxic.
· The cardboard is made from natural materials (water and starch), it is compostable and biodegradable; meaning it can breakdown in natural elements and leave no harmful toxins. The trees have been grown sustainably, responsibly and without chemicals and certified as such by the FSC.
· The printing ink is predominately water based.
· The glue is water-based emulsion of polyvinyl acetate.
· We can confirm that no animal derivatives are intentionally added or used within the manufacturing of our product or in the sourcing of our raw materials.
· With reference to the use of chlorine in bleaching of corrugated liners we can confirm the Process is Chlorine Free (PCF).
· Our sheet cardboard consists of up to 100% recyclable material, with no post-consumer recycled materials.
· We can confirm that the materials used in the manufacture of our products is non-GMO.
· The finished product is fully recyclable at the end of use.
· Depending upon the carton design the final product can be reusable.
· All finished products are intended for use in ambient, chilled, or frozen storage conditions as secondary or tertiary packaging only and not as direct food contact.
· Technically the finished product has no definite shelf-life. However, it is advised to be usable for 6 to 12 months depending on handling and suitable storage conditions such as being ambient and dry.
The company will meet the requirements of Acts, regulations, and orders applicable in Europe and the United Kingdom relating to goods supplied for use in the manufacturing process of our Tertiary & Secondary packaging products, including but not necessarily limited to, the following:
· The Packaging (Essential Requirements) Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/1640)
· Regulation (EC) 1907/2006 Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH)
· 98/745/EC on the prohibition of the use of material presenting risks as regards transmissible spongiform encephalopathies
· COSHH law introduced 1998 and revised in 2002 the Control of Substances that are Hazardous to Health and includes nanomaterials.
· The Packaging Waste (Data Reporting) Regulations
· EUTR (2013) The EU Timber Regulations
· EU Packaging Directive 2018. 94/62/EC Packaging & Waste
· FSA Mineral Oils and Food Contact Paper Packaging Guidelines (includes printing inks)
A full list of regulations and legislation deemed relevant to the organisation’s operations, activities and products is maintained and is audited annually for compliance.
In addition to the above, we can confirm that none of the following substances are knowingly used within the manufacture of the products detailed above:
· Benzophenone and its derivatives (including 4-MBP)
· Di-2-ethylhexyl maleate (DEHM)
· Bis(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP)
· Butanediol Diacrylate (BDDA)
· Diethylene glycol diacrylate (DEGDA)
· 2-ethyl hexyl acrylate (2EHA)
· Iso decyl acrylate (IDA)
· Octyl acrylate (ODA)
· Phenol acrylate
· Phenoxy ethyl acrylate
· 1, 6-Hexanediol diacrylate (HDDA)
· Mixtures of pentaerythritol tri- and tetra-acrylates (PETA)
· Tetraethylene glycol diacrylate (TEGDA)
· Titanium Acetyloacetonate (TAA)
· Mineral oils
· Animal Derived Products
· Poly-Fluorinated Alkyl Substances (PFAS)
We can confirm that the named substances (in a concentration above the threshold limit of 0.1%) are not intentionally used or added by us, or by our suppliers of raw materials. Although the named substances are not intentionally added, this does not exclude the presence of negligible traces due to impurities that may be found in purchased materials.
This statement is reviewed as required, due to any process, product, or legislative changes.